As the world comes to terms with COVID-19, Hawaii must be especially diligent- our beautiful, remote location also means we are more vulnerable.
What Travelers Need to Know
New: See our enhanced housekeeping and sanitation protocols HERE.
Destination Maui Vacations remains in compliance with all State and County rulings related to COVID-19 and Vacation Rentals.
The mandatory 14-day inter-island self-quarantine will be reinstated, in part, on Tuesday, August 11. This applies to any person arriving to Kauai, Hawaii Island or Maui County (Maui, Molokai, Lanai), and traveling between these islands. It does not include inter-island travelers arriving on Oahu. The period of self-quarantine will begin immediately upon arrival, and last 14 days or the duration of the person’s stay on the island, whichever is shorter.
All islands, except Oahu have maintained low numbers of Covid-19. However, since the 4th of July holiday, COVID-19 cases have spiked on Oahu.
The 14-day quarantine for transpacific travelers is still in effect until September 1, 2020 for those with a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of flight, but we are awaiting more details on how that will be implemented and other safety measures. We will keep this page updated if the quarantine rules are extended and as other information becomes available.
Those vacationers that do arrive on island before September 1, 2020 will be required to quarantine in a hotel or motel for 14 days before moving to a condominium. There is pre-flight and arrival documentation that is verified. Then visitors are expected to proceed directly from the airport to their designated quarantine location, leaving accommodations only for medical emergencies or to seek medical care. This means quarantined visitors are not allowed to visit public spaces on resort properties or elsewhere, including the pool, beach, grocery store or restaurants. All food must be delivered and no outside visitors are allowed. Violation of this rule is punishable as a misdemeanor, with fines of up to $5,000, up to a year in jail, or both.
- Read Governor Ige’s 11th Supplementary Proclamation Related to COVID-19 Partially reinstating Interisland Travel Quarantine
- Read Governor Ige’s 10th Supplemental Proclamation Related to COVID-19, extending the transpacific quarantine until September 1, 2020.
- Read the press release here regarding lifting quarantine for out of state travel: //health.hawaii.gov/…/hawaii-covid-19-daily-news-dig…/
- View the State’s plan to reopen the economy, Beyond Recovery: Reopening Hawaii
- State: Quarantine lifted for interisland travel as of June 16.
We understand quarantine is not how people want to experience Maui. However, we also know this will not be our reality forever, and appreciate that the steps are being taken to keep our community and visitors healthy and safe.
How to Change Your Reservations
Destination Maui Vacations immediately took steps to help people reschedule their vacations, temporarily changing our reservation policy and removing fees. However, we understand many people may not know at this time what date to change to, so we have made an adjustment to accommodate this, and also help those who are unable to travel.
You can reschedule your vacation now to ensure your dates are secure, and have the option to change it again later when your travel dates are confirmed, with no fees or penalties. We will only retain a small deposit, and refund any prepaid amounts. Also, you can let us know if you are experiencing a COVID-10 related hardship which may prevent you from rescheduling.
We ask that all out-of-state guests with existing reservations through August 31, 2020 reschedule their visit at this time. We are proactively reaching out to guests we have not heard from with reservations in this time period. Due to high call volumes at this time, we encourage you to reach out directly to the resort manager where you booked your stay:
Here is the contact list for all of our resorts:
or contact our main office: email@example.com or 808-879-0080
Due to high call volume, we ask that you email the resort first. Include your booking name, reservation number, the date you would like to change to and your best contact phone number.
See more information on our temporary reservation and cancellation policies below the government updates.
Our Temporary Reservation and Cancellation Policy
In response to changing marketplace conditions, Destination Maui Vacations is committed to ensuring our customers have the most flexibility we can offer during these challenging times.
- No reservations can be fulfilled for persons traveling from out-of-state through August 31, 2020.
- If you have a reservation booked prior to April 1, 2020 and traveling through August 31, 2020, You should change your reservation at least 72 hours before your original arrival date to preserve your payment. There is no fee or penalty to change your reservation.
- If you need to change a later reservation due to COVID-19, we can help you pick a future date and apply your deposit. If you have already paid the balance of your future reservation, it will be refunded to you without fee or penalty.
- If your travel plans change in the future, you can change your reservation once again using the above procedure. We encourage you to do this as soon as your final dates are known to give you the best booking options. We may see increased domestic travel after the pandemic ceases, and dates do fill up under normal circumstances too. We will make every effort to first rebook you into the condominium you selected. If not available, we will check availability for your selected dates.
- Price at the time of rebooking depends on condominium selected, location and time of year.
- Cancellation and refund requests are honored on a case by case basis due to traveler extenuating circumstances under COVID-19.
- Guests who booked via online travel agents or other third parties are advised to contact their booking provider for information on their policies and for assistance.
Mahalo for your understanding as we navigate a new normal in making your Maui vacation dreams come true.
Warm aloha from Destination Maui Vacations