Living in our remote tropical islands has advantages and disadvantages. The best things are what you come here for- the miles of beaches, and tropical climate zones from abundant sunshine to lush forests and waterfalls. As the world comes to terms with COVID-19, Hawaii must be especially diligent- our remote location also means we are more vulnerable. Currently, air flights have been drastically reduced to the islands through at least August 15th. Our “Safer at Home” quarantine has been extended to June, 30, 2020, and this includes a strict traveler quarantine.
However, local businesses are starting to re-open, and we expect inter-island travel to resume with no quarantine soon. Baby steps.
What Travelers Need to Know
Destination Maui Vacations remains in compliance with all State and County rulings related to COVID-19 and Vacation Rentals. Reservations for short-term rentals in Maui County are not allowed through June 30, 2020. Those vacationers that do arrive on island will be required to quarantine in their accommodations for 14 days. There is pre-flight and arrival documentation that is verified. Then visitors are expected to proceed directly from the airport to their designated quarantine location, leaving accommodations only for medical emergencies or to seek medical care. This means visitors are not allowed to visit public spaces on resort properties or elsewhere, including the pool, beach, grocery store or restaurants. All food must be delivered and no outside visitors are allowed.
We understand quarantine is not how people want to experience Maui. However, we also know this will not be our reality forever, and appreciate that the steps are being taken to keep our community and visitors healthy and safe.
How to Change Your Reservations
Destination Maui Vacations immediately took steps to help people reschedule their vacations, temporarily changing our reservation policy and removing fees. However, we understand many people may not know at this time what date to change to, so we have made an adjustment to accommodate this, and also help those who are unable to travel.
You can reschedule your vacation now to ensure your dates are secure, and have the option to change it again later when your travel dates are confirmed, with no fees or penalties. We will only retain a small deposit, and refund any prepaid amounts. Also, you can let us know if you are experiencing a COVID-10 related hardship which may prevent you from rescheduling.
We ask that all guests with existing reservations through June 30, 2020 reschedule their visit at this time. We are proactively reaching out to guests we have not heard from with reservations in this time period. Due to high call volumes at this time, we encourage you to reach out directly to the resort manager where you booked your stay:
Here is the contact list for all of our resorts:
or contact our main office: firstname.lastname@example.org or 808-879-0080
Due to high call volume, we ask that you email the resort first. Include your booking name, reservation number, the date you would like to change to and your best contact phone number.
See more information on our temporary reservation and cancellation policies below the government updates.
Hawaii Updates Regarding COVID-19 from our Government
For the most updated COVID-19 information regarding Maui County, please see the County’s special page here: //www.mauicounty.gov/2370/COVID-19-Coronavirus-Information
For State of Hawaii updates, including a statewide tally of COVID-19 cases, see the State’s special page here: //hawaiicovid19.com/
- The latest update on Public Health Emergency Rules, May 26
- Update to the Public Health Emergency Rules, May 13
- Retail stores are allowed to reopen starting Monday, May 11 (with some restrictions and exceptions). See County of Maui press release here.
- The Governor’s 8th Supplemental Proclamation Regarding COVID-19 extends “Safer at Home” and traveler quarantine through June 30, 2020.
- View the State’s plan to reopen the economy, Beyond Recovery: Reopening Hawaii
Our Temporary Reservation and Cancellation Policy
In response to changing marketplace conditions, Destination Maui Vacations is committed to ensuring our customers have the most flexibility we can offer during these challenging times.
- No reservations can be fulfilled through June 30, 2020.
- If you have a reservation booked prior to April 1, 2020 and traveling through August 15, 2020, You should change your reservation at least 72 hours before your original arrival date to preserve your payment. There is no fee or penalty to change your reservation.
- If you need to change a later reservation due to COVID-19, we can help you pick a future date and apply your deposit. If you have already paid the balance of your future reservation, it will be refunded to you without fee or penalty.
- If your travel plans change in the future, you can change your reservation once again using the above procedure. We encourage you to do this as soon as your final dates are known to give you the best booking options. We may see increased domestic travel after the pandemic ceases, and dates do fill up under normal circumstances too. We will make every effort to first rebook you into the condominium you selected. If not available, we will check availability for your selected dates.
- Price at the time of rebooking depends on condominium selected, location and time of year.
- Cancellation and refund requests are honored on a case by case basis due to traveler extenuating circumstances under COVID-19.
- Guests who booked via online travel agents or other third parties are advised to contact their booking provider for information on their policies and for assistance.
Mahalo for your understanding as we navigate a new normal in making your Maui vacation dreams come true.
Warm aloha from Destination Maui Vacations